Tuesday, August 26, 2008

#9: Lost in the world of Technorati

Even though this exercise may seem easier than the others but for some reason I was confused and lost for about 20 minutes trying to find where the Blog Directory is .. I can see where blogs tab is and I have used it to search for my word/s but I am hoping this is what they meant by Blog Directory.

Anyhow, When I searched for Learning 2.0 ... as a blog and tags they are both relating to eduction technology education so the result is the same.

I was still not convinced about this site so I decided to search for "libraries" and it hit me that even though I am searching for that word the search engine breaks my word into 4 different categories to make it easier for me to see posts related to this word, Blogs, photos and videos individually. In each section I also have related tags to help me find what I am after and filter it down.

Now I see the value of this website and why they are so big in blogging. I am not sure if I would use this website after we finish our programme as I see Google is easier for me to search for what I need (whether blogging or any kind of information). But this may work if I decided to write more blogs or search for more blogs in the future.

No comments: