Friday, September 12, 2008

Exercise #13: Word Clouds

I firstly looked at the Generator Blog to see what they have and then decided to try one of the many different generators online myself so I picked word clouds (http://wordle.net/) and it was as easy as entering few words in a text box and hitting go.

So I decided to search in Google for some flower names and its common names since I like flowers and then I copied the list and pasted them in the text box. I made two different word clouds with the same list but used different colours, layouts and fonts for each to see what more I can do.

Really enjoyed the experience and never thought it would be that easy to do. I always thought it must be really hard to create these but now I know how easy it is. I have added both of my word clouds to this blog for everyone to see.

I have also tried the flying flag and the book cover. They are both as easy as the word clouds.


1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

What a good idea searching for flower names and adding them to a word cloud. The result is impressive.