Friday, September 19, 2008

Ex 19: Simply an Audio

I learned today that A podcast is simply an audio and sometimes a video with recording made available online for those who have PC and internet access to download and listen. A basic podcast contains only audio and is easy to listen to. There are other podcasts that has both audio and slides like the Powerpoint presentation that we sometimes get as an attachment in our emails. There is also a vodcast which contains both video and audio.

I knew before this exercise about listening to music online or watching documentary videos online but didn't know what the actual term was used for it. I normally use Windows Media Player since it was free to use and came with the PC.

I didn't have iTunes installed in my PC but I only found out today that it is free to purchase by Apple. So I went and downloaded the iTunes software to check it out for myself. I then used the list on the left hand side and had a look at playlists with 90's music to listen to and all sort. I also decided to search for the best of Beethoven music. This is a great tool to have I recommend it to all who are wanting to listen to their favorite music online or even watch video clips or documentary clips.

Below is what I found when I search for Beethoven:
Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, Op. 55, "Eroica" - Scherzo: Allegro Vivace 5:56 Nicolaus Esterhazy Sinfonia The Best of Beethoven Classical

There are also a long list of all type of radios to listen to live online.

As for podcasts through iTunes, I had to connect to podcasts directory to view more info. I then searched for a book that I am reading right now and couldn't find a review for it. I tried to search for other things and got frustrated. I would only use iTunes for music but not for searching other info to be honest.

I have also spent sometime looking at http://podcastalley.com/, the search engine was very easy to find. I have added http://podcastalley.com/ to my RSS feed in my Bloglines account.

No comments: