Thursday, September 18, 2008

Exercise #18: YouTube

I went to find Web 2.0 Awards nominees in YouTube as I wanted to see if there are any videos related to what we have been doing in the past few weeks. I also checked one of the tools which is StumbleUpon and I quiet liked it because it allow you to share pages recommended by other websurfers whom have similar preferences. StumbleUpon uses ratings to form collaborative opinions on website quality, it is easy tool and it help lot to locate relevant content.

I was going to search for del.icio.us as I really liked it in the beginning of this program but then I decided to look to something new.

I have also spent sometime looking at http://libraryvideos.blogspot.com/ and I personally think it is a great idea to have all library videos in one place rather than trying to search in YouTube among millions of videos. It is great to share library videos with those of the same interest and be able to upload your own. Library videos in my opinion can be a fun marketing tool or even infomercial depending on how you look at it. Either way, all videos online these days are somehow used as a marketing tool.

It would be great to have a blog like this: http://libraryvideos.blogspot.com/ in our libraries with more education related videos to show our patrons how to use a certain machine or service as it is easier for people to learn by watching a video rather than reading the instructions. Whether it is a photocopy machine or a borrowing machine etc.

No comments: