Thursday, September 4, 2008

Exercise #12: Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki

I first went straight to NSL Learning Wetpaint wiki and decided to join for free to add my favourite topic there instead of entering it as anonymous and so I did.

Here is my entry: http://nsllearning.wetpaint.com/thread/1826196/Favorite+Prayers
I decided to start a new thread called "Favourite Prayers" and chose my favourite prayer for my Web garden Blog.

I then decided to check Favourite Blogs page and added a link there to my blog which will take them straight to my web garden Blog. Here is the link to my entry (My Web Garden):
http://nsllearning.wetpaint.com/page/Favourite+blogs

I then decided to read more about Wetpaint to see how easy or hard it is to create my own social webpage that anyone can edit. It is as easy as three simple steps. First one is to choose the website name, your own URL, get to choose a topic to talk about plus category and then you get to choose if your website for anyone or specifically for your friends and families that you invite.

Then you will need to sign up to Wetpaint if you are not a member and then edit your website and invite users to join. Really easy to use and never knew such an easy tool exist. I always thought it was a lot more complicated to create your own website for friends and family to keep in touch.

It is also a great idea to have for all libraries to bring them all together in one place where everyone can add their experiences or sharing their knowledge about a certain topic whether it is work related to help others resolve a similar issue if occurs or whether it is a general knowledge. Each new thread can be labelled as a different topic where people can reply to posts and add their own ideas and solutions to that thread.

No comments: