Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Exercise #15: The World of Rollyo

I personally think Rollyo is confusing and hard to follow. Maybe it has the potential for librarians to choose sites that are common and make them available to the public via Rollyos using specific subject. But I personally found it confusing and not so clear to follow.

I signed up easily by following this link (http://www.rollyo.com/) I registered and then decided to build my own customized searchroll by entering up to 25 website addresses. I chose my favourate links as a subject. I added about 6 links and have also added tags so people can find my links if they are looking for any of the topics I picked. I made it public for everyone to see. It then took me a while to find where my list has gone! Maybe it is not as easy as it looked at first. I managed after 10minutes to finally figure out where the list went and it was under home.

I then decided to explore other user’s entry and I picked Garden as a subject and managed to add to my Rollyo a user's list of links all about home and garden which then helped me to narrow down and search for DIY Home and Garden tips. Even though it is hard to use at first but worth a try. I don't however see myself using it after this.

Here is my link: http://www.rollyo.com/search.html?prevsid=458287&q=gmail&sid=458287

No comments: