Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Exercise #16: Zoho Writer

I personally didn’t know that there is such a thing online and available free of charge. I was amazed when I saw it and wondered how I bought my current computer few years back and demanded Microsoft Word with it. What a great idea for our libraries and for those PCs who don’t have Microsoft software installed but wants to do a document and print it on the spot. The only disadvantage is you will need internet access and so you won’t be able to use it if you don’t have internet access on the PC you are using.

I registered online for free on Zoho Writer and I first used my Google Account since I have already got username and password but something strange happened, it asked me to give Zoho access to all my contact list which I didn’t really understand why so I ignored and it didn’t let me sign in so I decided to register for free instead. I typed my first document and saved it and then I did my second document but decided to make it look different so added some fonts, colors, changed the size and added happy faces. All straight forward and very easy to follow and use. It has almost everything Microsoft Word has and everything I would ever need in Word. I recommend it to all.

1 comment:

Shumar said...

Thanks for recommending Zoho.

Zoho needs Email address to identify a user. To get the email address from Google, we need to use the "Contacts" service. We will remove this dependency once Google provides a separate API to get email address or any unique identifier for a user.

We will also be enhancing our federated login feature by supporting open standards, such as, OpenID soon.

Thanks,
Sasikumar
Team Zoho.